With optional COBB PDK Transmission Tuning available for the 3.4L Cars Only. In releasing a product that has never before been offered, COBB's Porsche Calibration experts created PDK calibrations that we felt would give the greatest performance impact as well as appeal to most enthusiast owners. More information and details below.
- Fits Porsche Boxster S /Cayman S (3.4L) Cars Only. NOT Compatible with 2.9L Base Models - Please see our Fabspeed ECU Handheld Tuner for the 2.9L Cars.
- Please contact us if you are outside of the United States to verify compatibility with your country's ECU version before ordering.
Simple Installation / Uninstall: Everything is included for the simple installation! Intuitive on-screen instructions identify your exact vehicle and available maps. Revert your ECU to exactly as it was before with the easy to use Uninstall option from the main menu.
Trouble Codes: Read engine trouble codes to diagnose issues. Clear them when resolved. Prevent expensive trips to the dealership.
Gauges: Use your Accessport as a gauge to monitor boost or any other live information, directly from the ECU.
Data Logging: Record multiple data channels simultaneously for in-depth evaluation of engine performance. Stores up to 10 hours
Performance Measuring: Welcome to your own performance evaluation suite! Measure 0-60 mph time, 60 foot and ¼ mile ET’s. and Trap Speed.
Shift Light: Set custom RPM warning lights for perfect shifts every time.
AP Manager: Use your PC or Mac to manage maps, download recorded datalogs, or quickly update your Accessport.
Stage 1 (3.4L)
Exhaust Requirements: Stock
Intake Requirements: Stock air box with stock air filter
91 Octane: Peak: +2% HP / +2% TQ - Max: +3% HP / +3% TQ
93 Octane: Peak: +3% HP / +4% TQ - Max: +6% HP / +6% TQ
Stock calibration. Factory map that the car was delivered from Porsche with. Does not uninstall Accessport
This map will not allow the vehicle to start.
COBB PDK Transmission Tuning Optional upgrade for Porsche 987.2 Boxster/Cayman 3.4L PDK Cars Only
PDK OFF THE SHELF MAPS
In releasing a product that has never before been offered, our Porsche Calibration experts created PDK calibrations that we felt would give the greatest performance impact as well as appeal to most enthusiast owners. While the specifics of the map for each vehicle may differ slightly, below is a general representation of what to expect when using one of three provided PDK OTS maps.
All supported vehicles will have the following maps to choose from:
- COBB Sport Map
- A nice mix between the factory Normal and Sport Drive Modes.
- COBB Aggressive Map
- More ideal for vehicles being used on track or during competition.
- Cayman R PDK Calibration. This can be used on the 987.2 Cayman S / Boxster S and Boxster Spyder to simulate the OEM Cayman R PDK calibration.
Below we highlight features that are integrated into the PDK Off The Shelf Maps. For a complete list of changes made to the PDK OTS Maps please see the PDK Map Notes Page.
- INCREASED MINIMUM SHIFT POINTS
- The factory shift schedule is geared towards maximizing fuel economy in Normal mode. Our calibrators have increased the Minimum Shift Point for each individual gear, giving cars a more sport like feel during normal driving. The Minimum Shift Points in both Normal and Sport Mode are adjusted and will provide a more consistent and predictable shifting schedule.
- INCREASED AUTO SHIFT POINTS
- With an increased Auto Shift Point cars are able to carry out power a bit higher before initiating a gear change. This is specifically beneficial to naturally aspirated cars and turbocharged cars with upgraded turbochargers where power is still increasing at the top of the power band.
- RACE START LITE
- This feature adds Race Start to both the Normal and Sport drive modes, including cars WITHOUT the factory Sport Chrono option. The Race Start Lite RPM in Normal and Sport mode will typically be slightly lower than in Sport Plus.
- INCREASED SHIFT FIRMNESS
- Shift firmness is the culmination of a few variables that determine how quickly the clutches are engaged between gears. The COBB PDK OTS maps offer slightly increased firmness over stock which translates to a shift more akin to that in a 991 GT3.
- INCREASED CLUTCH PRESSURE
- Minimizing clutch slip when engaging a gear moves power through the drivetrain more efficiently. Our calibrators have increased clutch pressure only in the High Torque Aggressive OTS map. This is intended to be used on vehicles that have a significant increase in torque over stock (50% or more). As a note, when flashing the High Torque Aggressive map, a PDK Relearn MUST be performed.
- MINIMIZED CONTINUOUS CLUTCH SLIP
- Continuous Clutch Slip can often present a sloppy feel when driving PDK equipped cars at low loads. COBB PDK OTS Maps will mitigate the “gear hunting” feeling by minimizing the amount of slip the clutches exhibit at low RPMs.